Friday, August 21, 2009

Additional Update on today’s USDJPY Short Trade set-up

After I exited the first lot @ 19-pip profit, price moved further downward. With that, I took the next step to identify an appropriate level where I could take profit on the second lot, as price has the tendency to turn upward as it moves further downward toward the price-bottom @ 93.46. Besides, there was already a waving +ve MACD Divergence on the Hourly chart: a possibility of a major price move upward (a major move from a day-trade perspective) that might trigger the Stop Loss.

Consequently, on the 15min chart above, I drew a new Fibonacci tool in the opposite direction to determine a support level that might prevent further movement downward. I identified the fib. 61.8% ret. level @ 93.69, which was supported by Daily and Weekly pivots. Afterward, I waited to observe price reaction around the level. With a “doji” candle and a bullish candle, I concluded it was ok to exit my second lot @ 24-pip profit. With two lots taken, the trade automatically turned to a profitable trade – regardless of price movement.
My exit for the last lot is @ 93.24 (the primary profit target @ fib. 127% ext. level). Further Stop Loss adjustments would be based on new Hourly swing highs.

P.S.:
I lost a GBPUSD Short trade. Fortunately, I had the opportunity to cut my loss; however, with better trade-management, it would’ve been a no loss trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment